our crazy little world. read on if you dare. i promise you'll giggle.

We Three

We Three

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

On the one hand I want to blog. On the other, I'm tired, overwhelmed, exhausted and feeling like the to-do list is growing at an alarming rate. 


And this is on a week where Eileen isn't with us. I've had the 'luxury' of staying at the office late to get caught up. Yet I'm only further behind. I thought after yesterday, after my last 'event' of the season, that I'd be able to see straight and focus. Don't get me wrong - in no way am I complaining.  I'm just a little overwhelmed. 


I worry that when Eileen's home if I'm in this distracted state that I rob both she and I of quality time. Then that stresses me out even more. 


And then there's a day like today, when news of a friend losing a loved one made it's way to us. And then my head spins more. Why am I fretting about these petty things when others are figuring out how to keep going and stay strong for their children? 


And I guess at that point my head spins in a complete circle...thoughts running at mach speed... from the stack of invoices to be paid on my desk at work to what will i wear to the funeral to where the heck is the blue laundry basket how does one lose a LAUNDRY BASKET  to I really want to read my book to I need to find that Broken Glass Cupcake recipe to who on my staff can cover the web assets and content QC to what must our friends be dealing with to I miss Eileen to OMG it's already almost Thursday and I need 3 more days... and on it goes. 


I know it will pass. I'll figure it out and with some help make it all happen. I dug up some somewhat recent pics of the Monkey, and then found this gem from a couple of Christmas's ago.. and it never ceases to crack me up. 


On that note, I'm off to get through some emails and dig up that recipe and make the grocery list and finish my tea and start one last load of laundry and then, I hope, pass out into the bed. 

1 comment:

  1. I have these moments...OFTEN...and all you can do is breathe. Check off one thing at a time and know that nothing is more valuable than your family and happiness. Okay...so in about a week, I'll need you to copy and paste this comment and email it to me since I will be in the same state :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete