our crazy little world. read on if you dare. i promise you'll giggle.

We Three

We Three

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Quality Time with Your Child...

I literally have a two page list of Eileen-isms sitting on the coffee table at home, waiting to be blogged. I have to write them down as they happen or I will never remember them. When I get around to posting all of them, you'll be rolling laughing. 


In the meantime, I have two gems to share: 


Coming home from Aunt Sissy's house the other night, Eileen in the backseat.  Out of nowhere, "mom, we have GOT to get the house decorated for Halloween."  (i so wish i could recreate the facial expressions she makes...)


So I looked at her as if she had 12 heads. This would be because the house IS decorated. We have the bale of hay, the little scarecrow, the pumpkins & mums in the front yard. Oh and the flag from Aunt Mary. :) And the little ghost lights. (admittedly, as I read this, it sounds horribly tacky doesn't it?! it's not. you all know me better than that).  So I remind her of the state of our Halloween Decor. AND of the various ceramic pumpkins and fall candles strategically placed inside the house. 

She goes on to elaborate: "no mommy! i mean, we need to make it SCARY. you know, like with scary stickers on the windows and ghosts and stuff."  

Where does she come up with these things? 

So this week has been one of the crazier of late. And between a busy weekend, bad weather & after school activities, Eileen hadn't really gotten to play with her neighborhood buddies all week. So the kids were all out last night - AND they're on Fall Break so they were allowed to be outside later. She knew if she ate a good dinner & practiced her manners, she could go back outside after dinner and play more, and we'd do tubby and stuff in the morning. She heartily agreed. Ate a solid dinner. Made a point to practice those manners (really working on: chew with mouth CLOSED, elbows OFF the table, fork DOWN when not eating, left hand IN LAP for entire meal, and lastly, yes ma'am/no ma'am/yes sir/no sir).  And headed back outside.  We let her stay outside until about 8:20 (which is past her bedtime so this was a big treat).  I went out to get her and tell her it was time to come in. She bursts into tears. 
E: "that's not faaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiirrrrrrrr. me and ryan didn't even get to play brother and sister. we only got to play basketball. that's not fair!" 
Me: (struggling not to laugh): "Eileen. It's already past bedtime, you knew the deal. That when we said time to come in you couldn't complain"
E: "I know Mommy. But I was inside at dinner too long and didn't get enough playtime!"
Me: "Well. you took too long to eat."
E: "That's because you guys talked too much and kept talking to me and making me talk!" 

   cracking up right?!  also thinking to myself.. POOR KIDDO. Her parents love her so dang much, we eat dinner together and actually TALK. 

She's hilarious. I'll get around to sharing the other Eileen-isms. Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment