our crazy little world. read on if you dare. i promise you'll giggle.

We Three

We Three

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Santa is Rich!

So, yeah... with each passing day I am closer to 40. Some, who shall remain nameless, have actually passed that marker by a year and then some.  but. for the most part.. it's rare that we feel old. Sure, if we've had a beer or two too many, we don't spring out of bed the next day and bebop into work as we may have done 10+ years ago.  Sure, if I have a particularly hard run, it now takes me two days to recover instead of two hours. (note: the fact that i can still do those runs is a big part of why I don't feel old).


So, that being said, let me ask you a question: when is the last time you did forward tumble/somersault?   (actually - have you ever even written that word? i googled it bc i had no idea how to spell it). Yeah. now you're thinking about it aren't ya? and you want to try it dontcha?  dont. i mean, really. do not do it.  


Eileen is taking Cheer/Tumbling class. It's a complete hoot to watch. On the one hand I sit mesmerized by the older girls flipping and dancing, and on the other I giggle at the little kids learning to say "READY! OK!" and do the splits. and handstands. and somersaults.  Eileen has finally mastered the somersault. Cartwheels. well. lets hope she takes up running. and soon. 


So tonight she was showing us her stretches. which we attempted to do.  My excuse for not being so limber is, of course, the fact that I am a runner. we're rarely limber. we have constantly crazy tight legs. (sounds good right!?)  Bill's excuse? maybe bc he's a male? (heehee)  After our dreadful failure at stretching, Eileen attempted a handstand with me as her spotter. Bill and I did have the sense to NOT attempt this one (tho, i did consider it for a fleeting moment). And then came the somersaults. Eileen did one. And so then Bill realized HEY! I CAN DO THIS! and so he did. Two times in row. And sat up way dizzy.  I got as far as putting my head to the ground. And stopping cold. Not only have I finally learned to not trust my coordination (as in, i was terrified i'd manage to break my neck),... ever since the Evil Vertigo of 2008, moving my head too fast or upside down - not pretty. 


So there you have it. If you have passed the age of 25, I highly recommend you not attempt 5year old tricks. (note: bill then did it again 2more times. no comment). 


In other news, Santa is rich.  
The American Girl catalog came in the mail. Eileen spent the evening scouring it. 




Overheard:
*oh I like THIS doll with the cast!
*oh look. a doggie. she has a leash for the doggie!
*look mom, its one of those beds under another bed (trundle)
*ok i want every doll in this magazine. but i don't want only dollies from santa. well i guess if i ask for only dollies that's ok. oh hey you know. i bet santa is rich! he's so rich he can get Kung Fu Panda 3!!- it was here Bill interjected to let her know KF3 did not exist - to which she replied - yeah but santa is rich so he can  get it anyway. oh my. 


constant chatter. i'm shocked we didn't need to administer cpr. 


soon after the American Girl incident, we were eating dinner and discussing Halloween. The conversation, of course, veered towards costumes. 


E: Guess what I am going to be NEXT year?


me: Umm.  I dunno? Glinda the Good Witch (which is what she'd said roughly 30minutes prior)


E: nope! I'm gonna be Hanna Montana!


Me, a bit baffled:  Oh. Ok then. 


E: AND ya know what else? YOU (pointing to me) can be iCarly, and Bill (she swings around arm fully extended finger pointing smack at Bill) - HE can be JUSTIN BIEBER


Then there was that moment. It was most likely not even a full second.  Where the parents just stare at each other. Dumbfounded. omg that's hilarious! how the heck does she know who iCarly and Justin Bieber are? and why do WE know who they are? we have the funniest kid on the planet.  do we crack up now or what?  of course, we opted for cracking up. 


Was I this funny when I was five? 
Tonight was definitely one of those nights I wish I'd had a hidden camera rolling all night long. 


ok then. gnite. 

1 comment:

  1. This is really the best and most hilarious age! Also, props on the tumbling. I took gymnastics for years and my coach always said that you are either strong or limber, but never both unless you are an Olympian or circus performer and it's highly likely that you all with be neither. He and Derek Dooley would'be gotten along swimingly. I am limber, but can't bench a bar to save my life. Everett and I do somersaults regularly, but yes the vertigo is frightening. Mine is from a low BP. It's unfair that he can pop up and run around why I lay trying not to barf on the floor. Youth definitely has it's advantages.

    ReplyDelete