our crazy little world. read on if you dare. i promise you'll giggle.

We Three

We Three

Friday, March 16, 2012

I literally have a LIST of things I keep wanting to blog about - but it's been one of those week's where I can't find a spare second. And/or by the time I sit down at night I just zone out. 

This story, however, is so freakin funny I must share...

This morning, Eileen wasn't feeling so hot. After some hemming and hawing -
*is she faking it? 
*do we send her to school?
*lets bribe her about missing the Leprechaun Party and see if THEN she feels better?

We finally realized that she was indeed not feeling so hot, and would stay home from school. As we'd signed up to provide the Fruit Tray for the school party- we did still need to get that to school. So Bill volunteered to drop it off while I was with Eileen. Josh & Sarah were swinging by to get her and watch her for the day.  "Cool, thanks" said I, to Bill. "The fruit is in the fridge, in the Target bag." 

Fast forward about an hour later. Eileen had just left, me finishing up getting ready for work. I put Eileen's milk in the fridge. Start to close fridge. Wait, what? I stand there, head cocked to the right, looking at The Target Bag. Wondering why the fruit is still in the fridge.

And then I realize the Kroger bag is missing. 

And I crack up. I mean alone in the house HEEHAWING. Gracie didn't know what to think. 

You see friends, Bill had taken an entire CHICKEN to school!!!!!!!!

I was dying. This was the text he got from me:
DUDE! you took the CHICKEN to school!

Can you imagine getting that txt?

We'd had a rotisserie chicken - it was still in the Kroger bag in case it leaked or whatever- I was going to make Chx Enchiladas earlier this week and never got to it - so it was sitting on the top shelf.  Bill just grabbed it and headed out.

He'd even run into Miss M in the hall at school and just handed over the bag. Yes, the chicken. After my text, and once he'd stopped cracking up-  we could not IMAGINE what Miss M and Miss R were thinking when they opened that bag. 

Can you imagine? A room full of five year-olds having their afternoon party..cookies and sweets and some raw veggies and supposedly some fruit.. and there in the middle of the goodie table sits the Glorious Chicken. 

In the end, the fruit made it to school.  Needless to say, Miss M & Miss R got a big kick out of it. As did I, and all the people I keep telling the story .. because it is just so random and silly.

on that note- have a great weekend!
enjoy a Guinness!


No comments:

Post a Comment