our crazy little world. read on if you dare. i promise you'll giggle.

We Three

We Three

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Shark!





She's so serious about her cheer! Oh but that cartwheel. Can we actually call that a cartwheel?  For more video fun check out the video scroll at the bottom of this blog.. interesting theories she and her friend Ashlyn have drummed up. 


So 'real school' is becoming more and more apparent.. took Eileen to the dentist earlier this week. (Seriously, we have like the coolest kid e v e r.  She just sat there and let the hygienist do her thing. Love it).  So when it came time to schedule her next check up - in SEPTEMBER - it occurred to me that OMG. She'll be in actual school. I can't just let her go in late like now. Well, I mean I guess I can, but its not quite the same. So, we have a 3:30 appt. Wow. 


Edie came over for a sleepover last weekend. OMG she's so super sweet. And OMG I have to admit I was a tad nervous about keeping her. I mean, HELLO. It has been five years since I have taken care of an infant. What if I couldn't settle her down? Or what if I didn't remember how to make a bottle? Or what if I didn't remember how to change a diaper (ok - that's an exaggeration; pretty sure one NEVER forgets that skill).

Luckily cool mom Sarah had the bottles pretty much ready, and there's a very cool new gadget called a bottle warmer (again sarcasm, those were probably around when Eileen was born), and Miss Edie is a pretty laid back baby, and Big Sis Eileen was chalk full of tips, and Bill was quite the suave Baby Soother. And, yes, it all came back just like riding a bike. 
I imagine our Saturday night with Edie was similar to what Grandparents or Aunts/Uncles get to do. We got to have a blast with her, I'm quite certain I was more laid back than I ever was with Eileen - easy to do when it's not your kid - and we just got to have fun. 


And for all of you out there reading thinking 'ohhhhh erin's gonna want another bebe' .. bwahahaha. no. 


In other news, it's March. Wait. What? excuse me? MARCH people. We are four weeks away from the end of Q1 2012. How in the world is that possible? It's also that lovely time of year where the morning calls for Eskimo like apparel, and by the afternoon it's sundress weather. Also that time of year when tv shows get interrupted by updates of horrifying weather and I shake like a leaf. And I have a feeling that my day lilies and possibly tulips will sprout with leaves only, no flowers. ARGH.  I seriously need a massive yard makeover. New beds and new grass and someone to come along and rescue our back yard. Anyone? Anyone? 


K. Clearly I'm rambling. I know you're all used to that. 
Have a good one!



No comments:

Post a Comment