our crazy little world. read on if you dare. i promise you'll giggle.

We Three

We Three

Sunday, August 26, 2012

c h a n g e

Change. 
If someone asked me to give one word to cover August 14 to today, August 26.. that is the word I'd use.
Ok wait, that and sheer exhaustion.  Because if you weren't already aware, "change"  - even when it is good change.. can KICK A GIRL'S BOOTAY.


 In short, Eileen started school. As in Kindergarten. And Mommy  (that's me) started a new job.  

So- Kindergarten. Eileen loves it. She's two weeks in and is making friends and being a big girl in the cafeteria and carrying her tray around.  She told me one of the girls fell off the Monkey Bars and broke her arm.  Now, don't be shocked here - I didn't believe her. Not for a second. And of course two days later what do I see, but a little girl heading to class... cast and all.. 

And yes, I started a new job. Still working for Uncle Scripps.. but in a new department and with a new role. The job is a fantastic fit for me and I am able to work with several folks with whom I'd worked in years past.  That comfort level can't be beat. But still - my brain was fried after week one.  I haven't really had to 'think' about my job in years- when you've done something for so long, the answers/problem solving, etc just comes almost naturally.  Now it's like I have to study again to get my head wrapped around what I am doing. Tired as I am, I love it. 



<---  will.you.please.look.at.this.face?!?!?
OK. full disclosure.  Eileen wasn't actually making that little turd face at me.  I took roughly 8 shots in a row, and captured that as she raised her eyes. But STILL.  Hilarious. And I know it is just a hint of what's to come. So i posted it anyway!

The photo was taken a couple of weeks ago at Syd's 6th bday party. And the coolest part about it (besides the bowling...) was that most of the kids there were all kids from Mstar.  A load of girls who have all pretty much known each other since they were about 4months old. And yeah, I know they're only six.  But you can just SEE it - see how they know each other so well and play and argue and just have that 'lifelong friend' thing going on.  


To watch them together is fun and yet a little bittersweet. They should't be old enough yet to already have friends of this caliber.  But then again I'm so glad Eileen has roots/bonds/hard core friends. 




<---  Speaking of those friends.. this is me and Holly. Taken last night.  She and her husband had come to town for a show and she'd texted to see if we were available to meet for dinner. We were all set to have a low key night in (due to the very opposite sort of evening we'd had on Friday night...) .. but, I mean, it's Holly.  We've known each other since we were 14. Friends through all of high school. Suitemates our freshman year. Friends through all of college. And in the many (many) years since.  She's in that group of friends that you may not see for months - even years - and you get together.. not a moment has passed.   I have a good deal of those friends. And I know how very lucky I am.  So we talked. and talked. and talked.  I'm somewhat surprised Bill and Travis didn't just go off and have boys night out. I don't think Holly and I would have noticed.  So it was a super fun treat to get to see her.  

OK. So. Edie came to play today. 
At some point in my life, Eileen was 8mos old, right? I mean at some point in my life, I had my very own 8 month old,right?

So, why do a) i have NO memory of it, and b) how the HELL did I ever get anything done?  Because between me either just drooling over the insane cuteness of Edie, or me holding her bc she refused to not be cuddled (she's teething, i cut the kiddo some slack)... well my accomplishments for the day were pretty much that I kept Edie from eating Gracie's nylabone. Oh, and she DID try.  Oh but she's so fun. And I have to brag on Eileen. That girl is one amazing Big Sister.  She's almost six.  I gave the kids a bath.. and Eileen helped make sure Edie didn't face plant. She would make Edie laugh when we were eating dinner,.. with the sole purpose of me SHOVING the food into her mouth when she was heehawing. (K. y'all don't call DCS on me, I didn't actually shove food in her mouth. More like sneaking it in mid-giggle..)



There's more to share. And tell. More school stuff and Eileen funnies and birthday plans for Mini. 

But it's late and I want to read my book but first I have to fold the laundry. 

So now that school is settling in and I have lived through Week One of New Job.. 



... fingers crossed I get back to this place sooner than in two weeks!




No comments:

Post a Comment