our crazy little world. read on if you dare. i promise you'll giggle.

We Three

We Three

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I Always Forget to Assign a Title...

Well HI. 
As has been my habit of late, there's been loads going on in recent weeks. Which means I haven't blogged. Which means that if I attempted to COVER all of the recent events we'd all be here much longer than we'd like.

Therefore I'll go for the Brief Version. This should be fun. Seeing as how you all know I don't have a very solid grasp of the term 'brief....'


We've had Thanksgiving. And Christmas. And New Years Eve/New Years Day. And with this family, you can multiply each of those by at least three.  Plus Edie's Baptism and First Birthday and work parties and school plays and school parties. 

Thanksgiving (the first one) for us was in Memphis. While in Memphis I went for a run on Thanksgiving morning, I face planted about 1/10 of a mile from my dad's house. Two skinned knees, a skinned shoulder and a busted up hand... fast forward to almost exactly one month later, on Friday Dec 21.  

 Having just wrapped up Eileen's party at school, followed by lunch with R and her Mommy, it was time to run some errands. Being four days before The Big Man was to visit, Eileen was a smidge hyper. And then, she saw a piece of gum on the grounds. And certainly, she did NOT want to step in it. So of course, apparently with no other option, she stepped in front of ME. In a split second I went from standing 5ft8 to eating pavement. AGAIN.  A man came running over - but after all these years of falling I can morph back to standing pretty quick. 


Other than busting the OTHER elbow and my pride, I somehow came out ok. I daresay, if I can make it to January 23, my body will go into shock. From staying upright. 

------>> I implore you to study the picture to the right. We (FINALLY) lost a tooth.  Well, actually Eileen pulled it out herself. She came sauntering downtairs on Christmas Afternoon, bloody kleenex hanging from her mouth, and one less tooth.  And I do mean, one.less.tooth. In her eagerness to pull it out, the tooth went MIA in her bathroom. We presume it went down the drain.  The tooth fairy must grant the First Tooth as special, because she came to visit anyway, even tho all she got was a BUTTON. And that beeatch left FIVE DOLLARS.  


Here are Eileen and Edie up at the Bryant Farm.  And no, that is not a green screen backdrop. It is real.  

We've made cookies and played with play-doh and had sleepovers. I have set up a second home at the gym. I had grand plans of all sorts of social activities for ME, but I have developed a not very friendly cold. 

 We sent out 99 Christmas cards But maybe that should actually be 98, because I apparently mailed two of them - not two in one envelope- but two addressed, stamped, sealed and mailed cards - to one family. I don't think we're actually that popular.. we just have a super large family and a few friends.:)  This year I tasked Bill with envelope stuffing, and Eileen with envelope sealing. No, I didn't have her licking the crappy glue a la Seinfeld. Scotch tape is our friend. 

 So, as of today 2012 is history, and 2013 is a blank slate. 2012 had a lot going on. We got married. Eileen started Kindergarten. Bill got promoted and I took on a new role. All good things, of course. 

I can't say I have any resolutions for 2013. I'd be OK with a somewhat boring year. 

I want to run more and train hard. I'd love to get in three halfs and maybe a full. 

I want to be on time to meetings and appointments. 
I want to not be such an airhead (ok, we all know that probably is IMPOSSIBLE). 

I want to cook more and eat less frozen pizza.  

I want Eileen to run track or play basketball or play golf.  

I want to hang out with my husband. All the time.

 I can't wait to see my brother in law graduate from Nursing School. 

I want to read more books and take more pictures and blog more and make it to church more.



Are those resolutions? Or is it just knowing what matters? 

Knowing what matters and trying to keep that in mind, every day. 

Happy New Year friends. May it be a healthy, happy positive year for all of you.












No comments:

Post a Comment