our crazy little world. read on if you dare. i promise you'll giggle.

We Three

We Three

Friday, December 19, 2014

'tis the season!

Yep. We're 5.5 days from Christmas. And I'm sitting here blogging with all the time in the world. 

Wait. What was that noise? Oh right.  It was my readers choking on their cocktail as they sit down for a quick read. Or walk and read on their phone.

At the moment our kid has frosting in her hair, we're pretty sure our dog has poo on her paws, there are presents to wrap, cards to finish, and several more gifts still to get. We have two basketball games tomorrow, family stuff on Sunday, and we promised said kid we'd go see the lights and the tree downtown. And we can't forget to move the Elf. MOVE THE ELF.  


'TIS THE SEASON!

I really do love it. It's exhausting and we're thinly spread but it is fun. And seeing Eileen light up at mention of her elf or Santa or gifts for her friends and things we donate to charity and the music and the lights, that makes the chaos worth it. 

I was certain that last year when she was 7 it would be our last "magical" season.  I was wrong and I'm so very glad. Who knows what next year will bring when she's 9, but I'm stoked for this seemingly extra year.  (And of course, we still have several years to go with Edie Kay, so that helps!)

Christmas Break has officially begun. No school or work until January 6! This, of course, means that I don't have to wear real people clothes until January 6.  I'm pretty sure that part alone trumps all the gifts and parties and food. 

Ok. that's it for today. I'm off fix a bow on the big wreath outside.  

'TIS THE SEASON!

No comments:

Post a Comment