our crazy little world. read on if you dare. i promise you'll giggle.

We Three

We Three

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

oh Hayull No.

I saw on this evening's national news that a Crowd-Fund has been set up to help raise money for the Patriots to pay their one million dollar fine for deflate-gate. 

Wait. WHAT?  Say this out-loud so you truly can understand me: OH. HAY. UHLL. NO.  now, faster.  OH HAY UHLL NO.   faster faster.  OHHELLNO. 

I may go off on a bit of a tangent here. Just bear with me. Or don't.  Up to you. 

Even if you are not a sports fan, surely you have caught wind of "Deflate Gate" and the newly-imposed fines on the New England Patriots and the suspension of one very well-known quarterback, Tom Brady.  (If you are not aware of this situation, you may live under a rock, or never ever see TV or newspapers, or never access anything but Candy Crush on your SmartPhone and/or internet). 

And in all fairness, yes, I am a Patriots fan. I am not, however, a Tom Brady fan. (I know my cousins and aunts and uncles are probably cursing me).  But for this post, none of that matters. 

People are raising money to help the Pats pay a fine. The Pats. This franchise probably clears one million dollars every time Tom Brady, Gronk and Robert Kraft exhale. This franchise probably clears one million dollars every time the words "MVP" and "Super Bowl" are uttered. This franchise does not have a money problem. At all.  

There have been life-altering storms in the past 48hours all over the middle of the country.  Ever heard of Nepal?  The massive earthquakes happening there? Or just right in one's own back yard.. the homeless and battered men, women and children.  The sick lacking adequate health care.  Schools lacking in supplies for students.  These people need money. The Patriots do not. 

I'd like to think that these fans are just making a point about their loyalty. I'm the one with the Sox tattoo on her wrist, so yeah, I get loyalty.  And surely Mr. Kraft will be donating the money that has been raised.  

That's my little reality check.  If you have money to spare and/or choose to donate, I'm fairly certain a donation to the Pats is NOT a write-off. 

Ok. I'm done. Just had to get THAT little tid-bit off my chest.

1 comment: