our crazy little world. read on if you dare. i promise you'll giggle.

We Three

We Three

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tales from the Incredible Hulk.. or just me rambling.


 Hello friends..I'm sitting here blogging and watching new shows on TV and all the promos for all the other new shows about to start. YAY.  We haven't watched a ton of TV this year except old eps of Criminal Minds and series via Netflix.  It really doesn't seem possible that we've reached the end of summer.  It doesn't seem possible we've reached (almost) the end of September. It really doesn't seem possible that Eileen will be 5 years old tomorrow.  Wow. 




She may as well be 15.. last week we had a Saturday birthday at Chuck E. Cheese. And then she went to over to Sydney's house for a play date - Lani took E & S to the fair! Brave lady. They had a blast.  Eileen attempted to spend the night.. but a little after 10 we went to get her.  She got scared and wanted come home.  :)  




And the neeeeeext day we had a party at Build A Bear. You see her and her girls posing in this picture? The three of them are in PreK2 together, the only ones who stayed back, and no doubt they prance around like little Princesses (can you blame them!?)


So last week we were coming home from school. The parents had been given a survey about their children's habits (to guage ability/development, etc). Most questions revolved around the kids being able to dress themselves, entertain themselves, get along with others. There was  a brief section regarding potty habits.  Thankfully, Eileen exceeds in that area. Except.  Except for flushing.  She seems to have a mental block about flushing. At this point, I am fairly certain she's doing it just to annoy me. 


(it should be noted, when i was about her age, i was terrified to flush the toilet if it was night time. the toilet in the bathroom sissy and i shared sat right beneath a window. and i was convinced that when i flushed, the incredible hulk would come smashing through that window and get me. i'm not making that up. i mean how could i? i have very  distinct memories of it being middle of the night, me flushing, and hauling ass down the hall to the bedroom i shared with sissy, and launching myself onto my twin bed, just inside the door).  




So perhaps I somehow passed on this fear of flushing to my child?!
Anyway - now that you've stopped choking on your laughter about my Incredible Hulk issues, I'll tell you what Mini Me said.  



We're in the car and I'm telling her about this survey. I read her the one about "Does your child flush the toilet regularly?" ..
me: Eileen, I'll have to answer that one as "maybe."
eileen:  I know Mommy, but please can we just put yes?!?!?  


Oh we laughed. She knows to flush, she just wont!


Lulu came to visit a couple of weeks ago. It was her birthday. Megan had a doggie cake made... So Lulu and Gracie got to eat.  You see the nice cute sweet shot here of Lulu, delicately eating her cake.  Even letting Eileen hover. You notice there's no shot of Gracie and HER piece of cake. That would be because she literally ate it in one bite, well before I could even get the camera to my eyes.  Such a lady that one. 


 Of late, we've also been watching football. Football. And more football. I seriously can't get enough. College, High School. Pro.  I love it.  And of course baseball. As we quickly approach October - also known as playoffs - this Red Sox/Yankee household is, well, interesting. :)  I shall leave it at that until we see who lands where...




Eileen has been to the dentist - a ridiculously successful trip.  She has a new room at Josh and Sarah's house.. and as of Friday will have a new room here.  Pictures to post soon.. I can't wait! lets just say there are bunk beds and a pink chandelier involved. 


Tomorrow is her bday, and we'll be getting her ears pierced.  Grandpa and Beanie will be coming for her party. 


So, we haven't lacked for things to do.. and we certainly aren't lacking with upcoming activities.  At the very least.. I'll try to get pictures posted ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment