our crazy little world. read on if you dare. i promise you'll giggle.

We Three

We Three

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Fourteen Days.

Eileen and I are on vacation.  I always take the last two weeks of the year off. And have, in the past, sent Eileen to school while I stayed home and did, well, nothing. 


But she's so dang much fun, and this being the last year I can pick and choose when she goes to school or not, I told her she doesn't have to go back to school until I go back to work.


Of course I made that promise before doing any math. hoooooooooooboy! We counted the days. Fourteen days. By the time she goes back to school next Tuesday Jan. 3, she will have been out of school fourteen days.  Heaven help her teachers. 


It should be noted: Bill has opted NOT to take any days off. hmm. can't imagine why!? :)


So today, the first day of the Christmas Break without any family activities or things to bake or errands to run, Mini & I are being lazy. Well. I mean. I went to the gym. We've showered & bathed. And picked up her room. We're waiting on the cleaning service to arrive. (Eileen was baffled as to WHY she had to clean up her room when the maids would be here shortly.  At which point I promptly shot her the 'do you really want to actually ask me that again' look. She immediately began picking up her toys...). 


Me, shouting up to her room:   Are you hungry?
Eileen: Nah. 
Me: AHEM
Eileen: no ma'am, I'm not hungry...
Me:  Ok.  What do ya wanna do when the maids get here?
Eileen: go to the mall! i love the mall! we can get ice cream!
Me: You just said you weren't hungry!
Eileen: oh. well. I'm just hungry for ice cream. that brownie batter kind. 


Me, all at once agreeing with her choice of ice cream, trying not to giggle, and being slightly concerned that my five year old daughter chooses to shop to kill time, firmly responds: 
well you're sure not getting any ice cream until you eat lunch!


Eileen: Oh I know. I figure we can just eat something at the mall before ice cream. 


Well folks. I'm gonna wrap up this post now. I needto go check into the legality of posting 'free child to good home' ads on Craig's list. 







No comments:

Post a Comment