our crazy little world. read on if you dare. i promise you'll giggle.

We Three

We Three

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

happy little erin bubble

this morning... chatter while getting ready for work... i'd been to the gym and seen some news updates and of course the early morning edition of SportsCenter...


me to bill: (referencing the Sugar Bowl) oh Michigan won last night. OT, they won by a field goal. 


bill: oh wow. i hadn't checked scores yet. 


a minute or two passes...


bill: who won Iowa? 
me: wait - what? Iowa had a game last night? what game!?


bill: stunned silence. mouth open. THE CAUCUS?


me: OH! umm. Romney. yeah. Romney. but like barely. over Santini or whoever. (ok, i know it's Santorum, but way funnier to say Santini, right?)


 It's not that I'm not aware of current events. Or that I'm not somewhat paying attention to the candidates or what they have to say.  


For the most part I tend to lean much further to the left. And so for the most part I tend to sort of let the early stages of this race float past me. 
So yep. My brain was all about football. But oh I got a good giggle out of myself. Hopefully you got a good giggle too. Hey. if you can't laugh at yourself, you may as well go ahead and get the custom made straight jacket, right? 


In other news, you'll note these pictures. All summery. Winter has arrived. And I know I really shouldn't complain. The last two winters have been horrid (by Southern Standards).  By this time last year we'd had at least two, if not three, "snow events," AND the pipes to my washing machine had frozen. This year, so far, it has been super mild. 


 Just in time to have to get up early and go to work, it turned Arctic. Ugh. So I opted to post a load of summery pictures. 


Look how TAN Eileen & Syd are in that picture. Sheesh. 


Anyway. That is all.  Just the daily funny from the Happy Shiny world of Me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment