our crazy little world. read on if you dare. i promise you'll giggle.

We Three

We Three

Sunday, January 8, 2012

a day in the life..



So Eileen gets an allowance. Tonight when she counted the money at mommy's house and daddy's house, she realized she's not poor. And this dance is just part of the celebration. 

And that was just the a smidge of the treat that was Eileen today.  She came back from Josh & Sarah's on Saturday afternoon. She was here perhaps an hour, and then bolted across the street to Bella's. About an hour after THAT, she & Bella appeared at the door asking to have a sleepover at Bella's. Which Bella's mommy and I are pretty sure the two of them concocted, but she was fine with it.

So, whattya know? Eileen spent the night, and actually stayed all night. The only other time she's attempted a sleepover she came home around 11:30. 

This morning she's home early, she & I head to church. Towards the end of Mass, she's wanting to color. I whisper "no sweetie; we'll be done in about 5minutes."  At which point she whispers LOUDLY "YES" while putting those arms into a solid cheerleading "V" for Victory. Hey. Those Monday night sessions are paying off.

After leaving Target, as we pass PetSmart, she insisted on going to the pet store. WHY? we asked her. 

Quite exasperated, she told us "because. I want to smell Mice. I have never smelled mice before."  no words. none. needless to say, we did not go to the Pet Store. 

As most of you know, my birthday was last Friday. We went out with friends and had a blast.  Next day Bill and I headed to Josh & Sarah's to visit, see Edie, and pick up Eileen. While there Eileen gave me the gift she'd picked out. Sarah said Eileen was stoked to give it to me bc it was completely her own idea. 

Now taking guesses on what exactly that was. That my five year old Mini Me had picked out for her Mommy's birthday gift. 

WINE. RED RED WINE.

She had seen "Cupcake Wine" and decided that was for me. (of course, I'm stoked bc it will be good... ).  She also had picked out an uber cool ceramic planter that will look phenominal on the new screened in porch. 

I keep forgetting to tell this story, which may not be as funny when not in person, but I still chuckle when I think about it.


It was Friday 12/23. Bill & I were home, wrapping last minute gifts and such. And a liquid (not mine... ahem) got spilled on the table runner.  In most cases I would have taken it off and sent to the cleaners. In this case, there was not time. So the options were a bare table (which didn't thrill me), or seeing if we could snactch up a neutral yet holiday runner for not an arm and a leg.  So off Bill went to Bed, Bath, Beyond. 

In the store, he's looking around. Can't find the runners. Sales girl walks up. 

Sales girl: Hi Sir - may I help you find something?
Bill: Yes, I'm looking for table runners, but I can't find them. 
Sales girl: Sir, she said "Bed, Bath & Beyond. This is Bath and Body Works."

BWAHAHAHAH.  The funniest part is NOT that he went to the wrong store, but that apparently men do it so often, the sales people automatically know it, AND they know the men have been told by their wives/girlfriends/partners where to go.. 

oh fun times. ok. time to get the Monkey to bed and gear up for Monday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment