our crazy little world. read on if you dare. i promise you'll giggle.

We Three

We Three

Monday, June 18, 2012

Copycat Me

Imitation is flattery, isn't it? So I like to think that in today's post I am flattering my friend SLV.  I adore her blog and if you live within a 120mile radius of our Happy Holler then you should too.

So today I have two yummies to share. One of which I just had after my lunch, the other I    can't wait to try ASAP. I saw the granola bars when I was in the 'lunchbox' aisle at Super Target. I was looking for somewhat ok food for my extremely picky Mini. The girl could challenge, and beat, anyone who might be interested in a hunger strike. 

As for me, I am making a valiant effort to consume more real foods and way less processed ones. I know better than to think I'd eliminate ALL processed foods from my diet, but if i can manage to at least eat way less of them I'll be content. Anyway, I saw those Nature Valley thins. And I just ate one after my grilled chx & green bean lunch. Y-U-M. I had to put practically a whole pack of gum into my mouth to keep from consuming the entire box.  Which would of course defeat the purpose of the small sweet. So if you're looking for a little crunchy sweet treat, go for the Nature's Valley Granola Thin. 

I often start out a Monday morning with the "I will NOT drink any cocktails until at least Thursday" - all in the name of saving calories. And by Monday around 9:45am, I decide that I could get hit by a bus tomorrow but at least I'll have enjoyed a glass of red wine the night before. Now that Skinny Girl has come out with wine, I'm willing to give it a try. 

So that's my quick nod to SLV. Her posts are much more entertaining, and involve actual places. But she inspired me to share my two new finds. Well really so far it's one new find, and one on the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment