our crazy little world. read on if you dare. i promise you'll giggle.

We Three

We Three

Friday, July 27, 2012

life. continued.

This is one of those posts where my head says "where do i begin?"


and then my head says 'eh who cares. your devoted public wouldn't know what to do with a well organized piece of writing...'


Eileen has been particularly animated this week. I mean the kid is always her own little variety show. One night she and I were snuggling before bed, and we got the giggles. No memory of what we were giggly about. What I DO remember is her laughing. And then snorting. And then saying: OMG Mommy! I just snorted!  and then she laughed even more. And I considered investing in those new sexy Lisa Rinna Depends bc my child makes me just about pee my pants. 


And now on to food. At the office, our 'cafe' - 'cafeteria' - 'place where we get food'   - is under construction.  We do have an onsite food place because we have 900+ people on this campus. Can you imagine what would happen on a rainy day if all 900 people hadn't planned ahead and had no food on hand? We'd be like the Walking Dead roaming back and forth and considering eating the ferociously large fish in our lake.  Ooops.  I got a bit off track there. So- while the cafe is under construction and being remodeled, we have various food trucks taking turns coming to campus. Despite being a little pricey, the food is crazy good. Especially the Monkey Truck. With it's sinful donuts. You pay $6 and get this BUCKET of donuts. And if you KEEP your bucket, when the truck comes back, your crackcocaine donuts are only $5. And supposedly they are cooked in soy oil and other healthy things to make them less sinful. But really, they are worth the calories. 


The hilarious part? We also just started our second phase of a wellness program - aimed at making it easier to learn about and maintain a good balance. CUE THE ICE CREAM TRUCK MUSIC!  


<---  See this picture? Eileen, Daddy and Uncle David. It was last week, Josh's bday. For the life of me, I can't remember what Eileen was saying. I just remember that Josh and David could not contain themselves. Captured quite nicely in this iPhone picture, doncha think? 


In the past week - we made it to two birthday parties on Saturday, plus I made it to a Baby Shower that same day. Bill/Josh/Marc managed to get to a Saturday night showing of Batman. The next day we celebrated Josh's bday. We've gotten all of Eileen's school stuff - uniforms, the supply list, shoes, backpacks, books. Not to mention early morning gym trips and nutty days at the office and regular life. HOW DO YOU PEOPLE WITH MULTIPLE CHILDREN MANAGE TO STAY OUT OF THE PADDED ROOMS? 




Eileen's gonna hang out with us tonight before heading to Josh and Sarah's. And then I'm considering  taking my book, sunscreen, and pillow to the pool. Until Sunday night.


Oh wait... we still haven't finished staining the deck... 

No comments:

Post a Comment