our crazy little world. read on if you dare. i promise you'll giggle.

We Three

We Three

Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Hoodie Factor!

The Hoodie Factor.  I'd say that's about the only thing on which Bill and I do.not.agree.

We woke this morning - fittingly the first day of Fall - to temps in the mid-50s. 

Bill practically SKIPPED out of bed and through the house chanting "hoodie weather! hoodie weather!" ...  Meanwhile, I was grumpily cursing while I burrowed my way deep into the covers. 

He loves the chilly weather.
Me. I love it for about three weeks.

Admittedly, when it first arrives it is fun. Chilly mornings and evenings, and amazingly warm blue skies during the day.  Yummy smelling candles and pumpkin recipes galore. Chili and campfires and hearty beers. Sweaters and boots. Mums and fall leaves. 

But then come the short grey days and bitter cold.
NOOOO. 

In revolt I'm posting all these summer pics.  It shall always be summer!

K, full disclosure. These pics were taken in JUNE. and have stayed in our camera since then. Yesterday was Eileen's (SEVENTH!!) birthday. We made sure the camera was charged and in the car ready to go. 

 Bill got about 8 pictures shot and THEN we realized the memory card was full.  So that's why I'm posting summer pics.

As much as I hate to see summer go, I'll enjoy the start of Hoodie Weather. The windows are open and there's chili in the fridge and pumpkin muffins on the counter. 

 My to-do list for the week includes digging out the Fall Bin and switching out the decorations. Getting my boots repaired and cleaning out more of Eileen's toys before she notices. Picking up some mum's and pulling the last of the summer flowers. Anything and everything possible that I can do outdoors will be done outdoors before it is too cold to do so. 

I'm rambling. This is not new. Happy Hoodie weather everyone!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment