our crazy little world. read on if you dare. i promise you'll giggle.

We Three

We Three

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Ramblings..



Every time I find the time and/or subject worthy of a blog, I have so much fun. Yesterday was Powerball. 

Finding subjects worthy of blogging is, at times, challenging...

Politics? Not in a million years.  I have friends and family covering the entire spectrum of conservative to liberal, none of whom I care to alienate with my own ideas.  On top of that, in this election year, I'm not sure any of the candidates - regardless of party - are worth my time and energy.  #AdeleForPresident!! 

Fitness? Well yeah.. anyone who follows me on FB knows I workout more than not and love it more than what may seem natural.. but does anyone want to read my ramblings about how long I held my plank or at what time I woke? 

Athletic Wear? HAHAHA. I had to at least list it, right? 

Kids? Mini, of course, is the inspiration for this blog. And she's still pretty damn funny. But as she gets older, her shenanigans are fewer and farther between.  She's currently irritated because she is not able to compete in some activities at Orange Theory next week. She said it shouldn't matter that she's only NINE. I tried explaining liability to her, but had no interest in hearing about that. She wants to compete in who can hold the longest plank. Secretly, I think she knows she would kick all of our arses, and she wants to prove it. And then gloat. 

Mom? Yeah.. but that's rough. And we're less than a week from it being one year since she's passed. And when I think about that too much then I cry. And when I cry too much, it makes me have to pee! Does that happen to anyone else? No? Just me? Why does this not shock me? 

Pop Culture? Ohhhh.. I do love some pop culture. Yes, I watched Making a Murderer. Yes, I think Steven Avery is guilty as hell. And yes, I'm a little bit scared of the judicial system. I have no plans of getting arrested any time soon for fear of lawyers. (no offense to any lawyers I know..)   Star Wars. YES. I loved it. On the surface I loved it. I did not dissect the story line and/or concern myself with any variations from the original movies/storyline. My memory can only retain so much.  And I'm not adding a hyperlink for Star Wars for fear of breaking Google. If you don't know what it is, I want to borrow your rock. The Amazon Commericial with the pony. Is that pop culture? No idea. But why do I like that song so much? 

2016.. I want it to be the year our house gets some much needed TLC. I want it to be the year my closet/drawers/pantry stay as organized as they are right now (thanks to the 2.5 week Christmas Break). I want it to be the year I keep getting stronger and faster and fitter. I want it to be the year we grow a garden and build a compost pile. I want it to be the year I keep waking up happy and choosing happy. (don't worry, I will stay cynical and sarcastic of course, that is in my DNA, but I'll still choose happy!)  I want it to be the year I read more, blog more, and play Candy Crush less. 

So, here's to 2016. 
Now, who wants to toss out a fun blog-worthy subject? I'm all over it!











No comments:

Post a Comment